Please feel free to add any delicious recipes you have for our market items you recently purchased!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: http://www.recipe4living.com/recipes/spinach_bars.htm (Entered by Deborah Jimenez)
This is a great recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I was inspired to make this because I wasn’t feeling well and wanted something I could reheat quickly when I was hungry. Enjoy!
Serves: 12 servings
Step by Step Instructions
- In a frying pan sautee the onion and fresh spinach with 2 TBSPS of butter until onion is translucent and spinach is cooked down. I squeezed a 1/4 lemon into the mixture for added flavor.while cooking down the mixture. This is optional and you can add more or less to your liking.
- Remove from heat and drain any excessive liquid (I didn't have a lot of liquid so I included the little bit of liquid I had when adding to the mixture for extra moisture) and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Melt butter in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish while the oven preheats.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, salt, pepper, baking powder and garlic until well blended.
- Add the mushrooms, spinach and cheese, and stir to blend evenly.
- Tip the baking dish or use your finger tips to coat with melted butter, then pour the spinach mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm and golden.
- Cut into bars, and serve warm.