Please feel free to add any delicious recipes you have for our market items you recently purchased!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Creamy Green Papaya Soup
Source: A creation of my own. (Entered by Jeffery Jones)
As a professional chef I am always looking for unique and delicious ways to use in season ingredients. The star of this dish is the Green Papaya. This soup is a great winter meal that warms your heart as well as your insides. I hope you enjoy.
Serves: This recipe will make 4 quarts of soup.
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot on medium heat and add first 12 ingredients. Saute for 4 minutes stirring occasionally. Doing this will give you a great flavor base.
- Next add Green Papaya, Vegetable Stock, and water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer and cook for 1 and a half hours uncovered.
- After cooking allow soup to cool for about a half hour. Remove bay leaves and rosemary stems then in batches puree soup in a blender or food processor. Return soup to the pot, mix in Coconut Milk heat and serve.
- I add a tbs of organic plain yogurt to the middle of the soup to add some extra creaminess.
- Soup can be canned or frozen if desired for future use.